Friday 13 May 2016

Wherever My Dance Leads Me – D2K Diaries


“My journey began at an orphanage where Terence Lewis would come and teach the kids to glide on
their feet. After primary school, I moved to Goa for secondary school when my brother received a
phone call from Terence Lewis informing him about the Dance India Dance Little Champs
competition. Wings on my feet, and desire in my heart, I left my exams, hopped on a train and
reached the auditions. I went from being just a contestant to becoming a finalist on the show. This
journey introduced me to the working of the entertainment industry. This experience brought to
light the current disparity between culture and industry.
After DID, I returned to Goa to complete my studies where I found out that the world
was full of raw and hidden talent whose salt was yet to find its worth. I spent 2 years meeting
people of all and sundry to unearth their imaginings and conditions. I found many people with the
ardour to dance but not enough armour.

I decided to work on myself and polish my skills. I hence became a part of the I Am Hip Hop crew for a year. I got the chance to represent India at the Hip Hop International which, till date, makes me
gleam with joy and makes my chest swell up with pride. I got the chance to meet new crews and get
acquainted with new age techniques.
I feel it is important for a dancer to have adequate skill and knowledge about dance. People should
expand their understanding of dance and fearlessly follow their dreams."

Dance is not at the cost of printed paper, but choice. It comes, not as a challenge, as an opportunity.
It helps, not as a goldmine but as a treasure. Dance is not for the mint, not for the sweat, not for the
eyes, it is for the excitement, the rush, the life, and the journey to self.

No comments: