Wednesday 11 May 2016

D2K Diaries


"The feeling of improvement keeps me alive,
Till date, I myself am not aware of how dance has such a close connection with my life. Dance is a part of every festival and family function in India, and my journey of dancing started through the festival of teej, when I used to admire and impersonate my friends, especially Anjali, whom I felt really happy dancing along with. Performing in family functions was just the first step. My drive for dancing did not stop there, and I started training in classical dance forms as well. After watching myself in the videos where I performed, Even 1% of improvement made me want to move on ahead. All the friends of my age stopped training after a while, but I never could have let go of this connection, I used to learn in a class along with children, and today I got to teach them in a workshop as well. But even when I was a teacher, I thought that there could be no better opportunity to improve myself,and I felt just like another student, who was looking to learn from the kids"

No comments: